Virginia Food Lovers

On food in Richmond, Virginia (and beyond) by a recent transplant from California.

Friday, November 11, 2005

BBM3 from bucaio

I received my package from my BBM3 Santa, Kai of bucaio!!! There was a TON of goodies packed in there! Aside from the letter detailing the contents of the package, Kai also included a couple of flyers from her local supermarket (RusTan), including a Halloween flyer. The food items were a mix of candy, and sauces for Philipino dishes. There were so many different kinds of candy: mangosteen (my favorite tropical fruit, after durians), jackfruit, mango/tamarind, mango/pineapple, and a sticky sugar candy. My fav- the dried Mangorind. I could eat it all day! The mangosteen candy, though made with milk, butter and sugar and mangosteen, of course, had a nice coconut flavor to it.
Kai included a few suggestions for using the sauces. One of them I'm particularly excited about is the crab fat (orange sauce in the jar). I've mentioned to her my liking for pansit palabok, and the crab fat is to be used to that end. I will be using the sauces in the near future and will post more about my BBM3 items.

Kai, thank you so much for all the stuff! I hope I do the sauces justice!
And thanks to Cathy for organizing BBM3!

1 Comments:

At 3:02 AM, Blogger Kai said...

Oh no! I bought durian candies for you, too, but excluded them at the last minute since I thought you would find them a bit too exotic (I do, honestly, even if it's common here, haha).

I was about to post about the pancit palabok I made but I didn't like how the photos came out, so I'll make some again soon and take better photos.

Nice to know you liked the package. Happy cooking!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home