Virginia Food Lovers

On food in Richmond, Virginia (and beyond) by a recent transplant from California.

Friday, November 11, 2005

Animals as Chocolate, Part 1


For some reason, my husband enjoys buying chocolate shaped as animals for me whenever he's on a business trip. Sure, I like, scratch that, LOVE chocolate, but as animals??? And I'm not talking about chocolate bunnies one gets at Easter, but strange animals. When he was in Germany a few weeks back, he brought me back these hippopotamuses (hippopotami?). Yup, hippos. They are made by Kinder and are called Happy Hippos. I used to eat Kinder chocolate as a kid so I was familiar with the chocolate and cream-filled wafers. These aren't different (apart from the anatomy) from those sticks, except that there are some chocolate sprinkles on the bottom side of the hippo. Hippo frolicking in a muddy pond, perhaps? Anyway, they are yummy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home